Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Manicure Worthy Of A Time Lord. *Picture Heavy*

Hey guys! I am so SO excited to make this post!
And I am extremely excited for the new season of Doctor Who! :D
So here is my *attempt* at Doctor Who themed nail art for my fellow Whovians!
I love when I get to include things I love with my love of nail polish!

I am pretty bummed that all of our Doctor Who stuff is in storage though.
I would have had cooler pictures holding the Sonic Screwdriver, and my hubbies awesome stopwatch.
Or our Tardis cookie jar. /sigh
Random shout out and thanks to Thinkgeek for being awesome. We have spent too much money there :)
I know that these aren't perfect, but I tried extremely hard on them. I couldn't be happier with how they came out! I feel like I am finally getting better at free handing!

Thumb: The Doctor Who logo. As you can probably tell I couldn't fit the top bit, oops!
Pointer: Tardis in space :) 
Middle: This nail was inspired by the 11th Doctor's wardrobe :)
Ring: I attempted (key word!) a Dalek.
Pinky: A Fez! Fezzes are cool 'nough said!

SO if you are ready,
                                                                       Come Along Pond.
Doctor Who Nails (5) Doctor Who Nails (3) Doctor Who Nails (2) Doctor Who Nails (4) Doctor Who Nails (1) Doctor Who Manicure (2) Doctor Who Manicure (1) Doctor Who Nail Art (2) Doctor Who Nail Art (1) IMG_9812 Tardis Nailart IMG_9767 Dalek Nail (1) Dalek Nail (2) Doctor Who Fez Nailart Polishes Used
Yes, I used an excessive amount of polishes. 
Thumb: Nerd Lacquer-I Think You Call Me...Sexy. China Glaze-Sci-fi. 
Pointer: Illamasqua-Scorn; Poke. Lilacquer-Blueberry Pi. Color Club-Cold Metal. Opi-Don't Touch My Tutu! Zoya-Purtity. A England-Lady of The Lake. Nubar-Blueberry. Cult Nails-Spontaneous.  L.A. Colors Black Striper. Jordana-Mellow Yellow. China Glaze-GR8.
Middle: Opi-Don't Touch My Tutu! China Glaze(s)-Fast Track; Mahogany Magic; Loft-y Ambitions; Ingrid. Zoya-Purity. Butter London-All Hail The Queen. Milani-Dark Coffee.
Ring: China Glaze-Loft-y Ambitions. Zoya-Goldie. Opi-DS Illuminate. Kleancolor-Coffee Addict. Sally Hansen-Bronze Ablaze. Milani-Dark Coffee. L.A. Colors Black Striper.
Pinky: Deborah Lippmann-Naked. China Glaze-Loft-y Ambitions; Poinsettia. L.A. Colors Black Striper.
Aside from polish I used a couple dotting tools, a few nail art brushes (clean up brush, a striping brush)  pure acetone, and my holy grail TC Seche Vite.

If you have any questions at all let me know! I would also like to know who is YOUR Doctor?
I love Matt Smith and he is awesome, but David Tennant will anyways be MY Doctor :D

Have a great weekend you guys!!
-Sarah <3

24 comments:

  1. OMG this is awesome! Love it. David Tennant is my favourite Doctor because that's when I really started watching eps. I'm enjoying Matt Smith in the role, but I just really love the dynamic between the Doctor and Rose, Martha and Donna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO Awesome! I love the little fez on the pinkie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah! Oh my gosh!! This is my favorite Doctor Who mani ever! You did such a great job!!! The TARDIS nail and the Dalek nail are my favorites. I'm going back to bed for a bit, but am totally linking this post on my Facebook page later!

    I've only been a Whovian for a year or so, and Matt is MY Doctor, but man do I also love Tennant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you did great! I could totally spot your Dalek, by the way, and your TARDIS looks AMAZING! I can't wait to watch tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee!!! Nine is my Doctor! I love Christopher and I think more people would have warmed up to him if he had been there a bit longer. Random but I actually have a TARDIS dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! Definitely worthy of a Time Lord. I love Tennant and was sad when he left. I'm behind and just recently started watching the season with Matt Smith and he is slowly warming up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tardis Dress?!? can we get pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome! I gotta say, I've never been more excited to stay home on a Saturday night and watch TV.

    I started the series with Christopher Eccleston, so he'll always have a special in my heart, but I totally fell in love with David Tennant. (I'm contemplating getting "Allons-y" as my very first tattoo!) I'm warming up to Matt Smith and even have the Eleventh doctor saying "You've got a text message. Text messages are cool" as my phones text tone. Cracks me up every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full of win and awesome!!!! For some reason Christopher Eccleston has my heart mostly because I think that he and Billie Piper had the most amazing chemistry - and his doctor was so intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is fab!! the middle finger is my favourite. A serious work of art m'lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So amazing!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is so much awesome in this mani. Wonderfully done. Beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so, so crazyawesome--fabulous job!! I'm getting way too excited about the new season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh! these are awesome! I love your middle finger so much ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  15. David Tennant was my first Doctor, though I really love Matt Smith. Christopher Eccleston is my son's first Doctor, but he's really too young to have a favorite yet.

    I LOVE your nails! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinkgeek is dangerous to my bank account, lol! Love this manicure! You should do up a 10th Doctor one:) My husband actually has his suit and long duster jacket... and sonic screwdriver. And the shoes. *cough* He's pretty neat, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, absolutely awesome manicure! :) I loved the pics at the end with all the polishes you used, I do the same thing with more complex designs, just pull out all the shades and go crazy with the detailing, hehe!

    With regards to a TARDIS dress, I'm not sure if Kas was referring to this particular one, but there is such an item available from an australian label called Black Milk Clothing. I'm not sure if posting links is allowed in the comments here, so I won't do that, just to be on the safe side. :)
    In any case, if anyone's curious, just google the label and look for the "Police Box Dress" :D They also have leggings in the same print, and a whole bunch of other awesome, geeky and weird stuff :)

    I just realised I sound like such an advertisement, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely and great ....I loved Pinky: A Fez! Fezzes are cool '
    Love it
    Yay for nail arts

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!